Terms and Conditions
Privacy Notice of ICONS Austrian Chapter
This notice provides you with information on how ICONS Austrian Chapter, Co-Chairs Maria Bertel (University of Graz) and Konrad Lachmayer (Sigmund Freud University) (“we”) will process your personal data as
- existing and former members and functionaries,
- interested parties (including users of our website), and
- service providers.
2. Processed data categories
You are under no obligation to provide us with the data we ask you for. However, if you do not provide such data, you will not be able
- to enter into a membership with us or to become a functionary with us;
- to use all functions of the website (in particular, we cannot process your requests).
In addition, joint business processes may be delayed or, in some cases, impossible if you do not provide your personal information.
Should the provision of your personal data be mandatory by law, we will inform you separately thereof.
Members and functionaries:
We will process the following categories of your personal data:
- master data (e.g., name, contact data, institutional affiliation);
- data in connection with your membership (e.g., entry date, dues, activities in the chapter) and
- data in connection with a possible activity as functionary (e.g., description of your function, activities you set in this function, start and end of activity).
In the course of your visit to our website, the following categories of your personal data will be collected:
- the date and time a page was viewed on our website;
- your IP address;
- name and version of your web browser;
- the web page (URL) that you visited before accessing our website;
- certain cookies (see point 6 below);
- the user ID and password you use; and
- the information that you provide us with yourself, for example by entering it in forms on our website (e.g., feedback on the website).
3. Purposes for which we process your data
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- fulfilment of the chapter’s purpose according to our association’s statutes, in particular in the context of the chapter’s activities;
- processing of orders and assignments;
- organization of events and activities;
- provision of our website including all associated services;
- further improvement and development of our website;
- creation of usage statistics for our website;
- detecting, preventing and investigating attacks on our website;
- transfer of information (e.g., newsletters).
4. Legal bases of the processing
We process your personal data listed in the Annex on the basis of
- Consent (Article 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”))
5. Transfer of your personal data
To achieve the purposes set out above, we will transfer some of your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- administrative authorities, courts and public corporations,
- organizers of lectures on topics of potential interest to members of the association (e.g., universities or private event providers),
- IT service providers and other service providers assigned by us,
- chartered accountants for the purposes of bookkeeping and accounting or auditing,
- members, as far as it concerns data of the partners, organs and other employees of the respective member, and
- cooperation partners.
6. Retention periods
We will retain your personal data
- until the termination of your membership or our business relationship within the scope of which we have collected your data, or
- for a period of three months as part of the data automatically collected by the association’s website, or
- as long as it is necessary to investigate attacks on our website
d. for as long as required under statutory retention obligations or potential legal claims, where personal data is needed to raise or defend against the claim, are not yet time-barred.
We use “cookies” to improve the functionality of our websites. Cookies are small text files that may be installed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are generally used to provide site visitors with additional functionality within the site. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on your computer.
- are going to be deleted again when you close your browser (session cookies),
- remain stored on your end user device even after you close your browser (permanent cookies),
- originate from us (first party cookies) or from third party cookies.
Through our cookies, we process data on the following legal bases and for the following purposes:
- We use all other cookies on the basis of your consent.
In order to withdraw your consent or to restrict it to certain cookies, you have inter alia the following options:
- Use the settings of your browser. Details can be found in the help function of your browser (usually accessible via the F1 key on your keyboard).
- At http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices you can have the system analyse which cookies are used by you and deactivate them individually or in their entirety. This is an offer from the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal.
Please note that the functionality of our websites may be impaired if you withdraw or restrict your consent.
Your rights in connection with your personal data
Under applicable law, you have the right to (under the conditions set out in applicable law):
- obtain confirmation as to whether and what kind of personal data we store about you and to request copies of such data,
- request rectification or erasure of your personal data,
- request us to restrict the processing of your personal data,
- object to the processing of your personal data,
- withdraw any consent previously granted for the processing (the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal),
- request data portability, and
- lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
8. Our contact details
Please address your requests or questions concerning the processing of your personal data to:
ICONS Austrian Chapter
konrad AT lachmayer.eu
Last updated on 15.03.2023
Personal data of member or persons, who are interested to become members of the chapter
- contact data (address, e-mail address, phone numbers)
- institutional affiliation
- function in the chapter